Experienced HVAC Installer
N.E. “Bob” Waltz Plumbing & Heating Inc is a family owned company founded in 1956 located in Frederick, MD.
Recognized by the Frederick News Post and Frederick Magazine one of the best plumbing and HVAC companies in the area. Our primary focus is to do what is right, so we do not require our technicians to be salesman, they are only required to do what is best for our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Learn and apply appropriate code
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow installation and operational manuals instructions
- Ability to install heat pumps, condensing units, furnaces (natural gas, LP gas, and oil), small package and RTUs, fan coils, indoor coils, humidifiers, UV lights, air cleaners.
- Ability to install and fabricate duct work
- Ability to wire thermostats, indoor and outdoor units
- Ability to install PVC flue and vent piping as well condensate piping.
- Filling out all necessary paperwork on a daily basis; to include service tickets, time sheets, parts/materials order forms, keeping detailed entries up to date on company tablets as required for service customers
- Ensure customer is satisfied with job before, during and upon completion of work performed
- Document time spent on each job
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, office, and other employee’s
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Working knowledge of all HVAC materials, tools, and equipment
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked company truck
- Ability to complete other duties as requested by Supervisor
- Leave all job sites neater and cleaner than they were found
A copy of current driving record (to be obtained by the applicant) is to be provided upon request. We will conduct a criminal background check and drug test of all new employee’s. Please do not apply if you have been convicted of a felony and/or if you use illegal substances. We rotate our emergency/after-hours, on-call weekly throughout the employees in company. We offer 24 hour emergency service after hours and on holidays.
Qualifications and Skills
High school or equivalent
Min experience in field: 5 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver’s License (required)
- MD State HVAC Journeymen’s License and/or NATE Certification
- Universal Refrigeration Card
What we offer:
- Top pay (with no requirement of sales)
- Take home truck to qualified individuals
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Paid training
- Cell Phone
- Local work (90% of work is in Frederick County, MD, all travel time is paid)
Job Type: Full-time